Educational Associates - Elementary (NY)
Who We Are:
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. This position is ideal for candidates that wish to fully pursue a credentialed lead teaching position. Becoming an educational associate serves as an internship for candidates who wish to develop their expertise through observation and experience in preparation for a meaningful and successful teaching career. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- Plans and teaches with grade level team to implement best practices for the success of all learners within the classroom.
- Plans purposefully in order to provide students with opportunities for constructing meaning and developing understanding of new concepts.
- Utilizes developmentally appropriate and rigorous curricula and instructional materials that are tightly aligned to benchmarks and the Common Core standards.
- Presents students with new ideas and concepts through a variety of strategies, and inspires and guides them to explore, express and uncover new ideas of their own.
- Administers, collects, and analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data gathered from a variety of assessments on each student.
- Builds relationships with his or her students’ families through regular communication about students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s learning.
- Participates in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students’ needs.
- Supervises lunch and/ or recess.
- Provides coverage for classroom teachers.
- Provides other support as needed by the school community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Desire to develop their expertise in the classroom in preparation for a lead teacher position.
- Pursuing pathway to teaching certification.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.