Family & Community Engagement (Program Coordinator)
Reporting directly to the Director of Family and Community Engagement and will provide a wide range of administrative and programmatic support. The Program Coordinator will interact with a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to: CMO staff, Principals, scholars, families, parent association, local elected officials, community partners, etc.
. The Program Coordinator will interact with a wide range of stakeholders including, but not limited to: CMO staff, Principals, scholars, families, parent association, local elected officials, community partners, etc.
- Manage family and community programs at Excellence Community Schools.
- Schedule family and community programs for Excellence Community Schools.
- Connect Excellence Community Schools and families with local elected officials and community resources.
- Partner with BCSE Parent Association to implement programs and provide resources to our families.
- Assist in developing long and short-term goals for the FACE Department.
- Attend community events and community board meetings.
- Cultivate relationships with local elected officials and community leaders.
- Research, develop, and implement programming (social, cultural, and educational) related to Excellence families and school community.
- Assist with development and delivery of presentations related to the needs of Excellence families and school community.
- Advocate on behalf of Excellence Community Schools families.
- Maintain and update CRM database.
- Assist with events and programs.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Draft memos/letters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills required.
- Bilingual Spanish, Bengali, and/or other languages preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to work with small groups and present to large groups required.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities required.
- Ability to work across a variety of projects with diverse constituencies required.
- Some evening and weekend work related to special events and meetings may be required.
- Some travel is required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits available.
- Performance based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.