Computer Science Instructor (NY)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
● Teach Computer Science class for grades 1- 4.
● Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement.
● Help build software programs to improve student learning.
● Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents.
● Serve as a project manager for students during Capstone projects Development.
● Build services and responsive UIs for mobile and web applications.
● Take a product from design inception, development, QA testing then to production.
● Write and test interactive, clean, secure and efficient solutions.
● Maintain existing features by improving and scaling supporting code.
● Make direct technical contributions (writing, debugging, reviewing and deploying code).
● Implement the newest innovative technologies tools and frameworks.
● Integrate with third party services and APIs.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
● RESTful API development required.
● Experience working with common database technologies such as MongoDB and MySQL required.
● Knowledge of object oriented design patterns and their use cases required.
● Git/Github or other version control systems required.
● Optimized web server configurations and have experience scaling web applications required.
● Passion and a love of what you do required.
● Knowledge of wireframe tools and design software like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop preferred.
● Ability to embrace constructive criticism from colleagues preferred.
● Understanding of how and why to write testable code preferred.
● Comfortable working with cloud based infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc) preferred.
● Contributions to open source projects preferred.
● Continuous drive to improve your skills and knowledge preferred.
● Stay up to date on latest industry trends prefer
● Competitive salary.
● Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits.
● Skilled team to collaborate with and learn from.
● Performance based bonus.