Principal/Principal Residents (NY)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- NYS School Administration and Supervision License
- Masters Degree in Education or related field
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in leadership role (i.e. Assistant Principal, Dean, Grade Level Leader, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of successful teaching experience
- Track record of accomplishment and achievement
- Experience with and commitment to improving the quality of urban education, specifically for scholars who have been traditionally underserved
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
PLEASE NOTE that applicants may be invited to serve as a Principal Resident in preparation for appointment as a charter school Principal.
- Provides leadership and cultivates professional relationships within the school community, including the Board, staff, students, families, and external relations
- Demonstrates a relentless pursuit to promote excellence in student achievement and conduct
- Maintains and exemplifies culture of high expectations and accountability for scholarly and professional conduct
- Facilitates the development and administration of policies dealing with discipline, conduct, and attendance
- Guides faculty in curriculum development, and promotion of effective classroom instruction and management
- Supports, prepares, and submits requisite reports in a timely manner to various agencies such as the state, authorizer, funders, and CMO
- Assists in the selection and mentoring of staff
- Supervises and evaluates certified, paraprofessional, and support staff as assigned
- Assists in coordination and supervision of special events
- Assists in the care and management of the building and grounds, furniture, equipment, apparatus, books, and supplies
- Manages the daily operations of the school
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.bronxexcellence.org and www.stamfordexcellence.org.