Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (CT)
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
Excellence Community Schools is currently seeking a passionate, nurturing, and energetic Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at our Stamford, CT school location.
• Familiarity with creating detailed lesson plans that are developmentally appropriate and support the goals and developmental level of scholars in the classroom.
• Willingness to learn and ensure that the "Active Parent Engagement" and "Open Collaboration with the Community" design elements are followed as a part of the Excellence Community Schools Education Model for all scholars.
• Provide an engaging classroom environment allowing scholars to explore through learning centers that remain diverse, well maintained, and organized.
• Developing, fostering, & sustaining positive relationships with parents and families of scholars served and communicating with parents about scholar’s progress.
• Adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures while supervising scholars at all times.
• Comfortable with using classroom technology & MS Office computer software.
• Working as a collaborative and supportive team member.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development required.
• Minimum of 2 years Pre-k teaching experience in a classroom setting required.
• CT State Pre-K Certification: Integrated Early Childhood/Special Education, Nursery - Kindergarten & Elementary Grades
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org or www.stamfordexcellence.org.