Director of Alumni Services
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
The Director of Alumni Services will work with our alumni to support them in their plans beyond Excellence Community Schools. The director will shape the department to accommodate a growing alumni base and expand upon the services offered to alumni and their families as well as to the community at large. The incumbent will make site visits to the high schools and colleges where our graduates attend and communicate with our alumni and families to ensure they have the resources they need to be prepared for college and beyond.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Excellence Community Schools alumni and families.
· Manage all aspects of the scholarship and work-study program for high school alumni, including the application and
selection process, renewal and follow-up; liaise with scholarship committee.
· Develop mentorship program for alumni.
· Develop and implement college and career readiness initiatives.
· Explore and establish signature features/program offerings.
· Research and develop relationships with college access and college success programs.
· Inform 8th grade families about Alumni Services and distribute all documentation required to track alumni.
· Partner with the High School Placement department to ensure a smooth transition from middle school to high school.
· Visit alumni at their high schools and colleges to ensure they have the resources and support needed to be successful.
· Planning, coordinating and implementing relevant workshops for alumni and families.
Maintain communication with ECS alumni via email, social media websites, phone and in-person meetings and update alumni contact and academic information.
· Search and inform alumni of productive summer enrichment opportunities, jobs, and/or volunteer opportunities.
· Coordinate college trips for alumni during school-year and summer breaks.
· Research and inform alumni and families of scholarships and college fly-in programs.
· Assist alumni and families with completing FAFSA and/or CSS/Profile applications.
· Provide individual support and follow-up as needed to ensure college enrollment and academic progress for alumni.
· Manage scholarship and stipend program for college-aged alumni.
· Recruit and plan for Summer STEM program.
Solicit feedback from alumni through focus groups and surveys to identify areas of improvement to better prepare our scholars to succeed in high school and college.
· Complete administrative projects and tasks at the discretion of the Chief of Schools and Innovation.
· Conducts him/herself professionally.
- Experience in college access and/or success, education or nonprofit industry.
- Ability to communicate and work with multiple stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment for educational opportunity and equity for underrepresented youth.
- Quick learner with the ability to inquire and be open to feedback.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.