Speech and Language Therapist (NY)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- Current NYS Licensure or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 1 year of school-based experience, preferably with elementary/middle school aged children
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Conducts and prepares evaluations and maintains records documenting services provided, student progress, and discharge from therapy as recommended by CSE
- Complies with evaluations standards and determines eligibility for services based on state guidelines
- Effectively communicates results, diagnosis, and proposed treatment plans to CSE/SIT teams, school personnel, and families of student
- Participates in multidisciplinary team process regarding eligibility, IEP development, consultation services, and service delivery models
- Conducts speech, language, and hearing screenings in conjunction with compiling additional diagnostic information from appropriate personnel
- Collaborates/consults with instructional staff in management of speech/language disorders
- Plans evidence-based interventions appropriate for individual students and groups
- Manages materials, schedules, equipment, and caseload for effective delivery of services
- Adheres to local, state, federal regulations and ethical practices
- Completes procedural documentation accurately and appropriately
- Develops appropriate IEP goals based on students’ strengths and needs
- Provides consultation to teachers, parents, and other appropriate personnel, including CSE teams
- Makes recommendations and referrals for audiological/medial and related services as needed
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.bronxexcellence.org and www.stamfordexcellence.org.