Classroom Teacher - Elementary (NY)
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
Who We Need:
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
NYS Teacher Certification or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area.
We also consider:
Candidates with three years of elementary, middle or secondary classroom lead teaching experience; tenured or tenure track college faculty; or an individual with two (2) years of satisfactory experience through the Teach for America program.
Also considered: individuals who possess exceptional and verifiable business, professional, artistic, athletic or military experience.
All candidates must complete NYS workshop requirements.
Teaching experience at elementary school level or experience with school age children preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Master's Degree Preferred.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Plans and teaches with grade level team to implement best practices for the success of all learners within the classroom.
- Plans purposefully in order to provide students with opportunities for constructing meaning and developing understanding of new concepts.
- Utilizes developmentally appropriate and rigorous curricula and instructional materials that are tightly aligned to benchmarks and the Common Core standards.
- Presents students with new ideas and concepts through a variety of strategies, and inspires and guides them to explore, express and uncover new ideas of their own.
- Administers, collects, and analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data gathered from a variety of assessments on each student.
- Builds relationships with his or her students’ families through regular communication about students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s learning.
- Participates in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students’ needs.
- Supervises lunch and/ or recess.
- Provides coverage for classroom teachers.
- Provides other support as needed by the school community.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.