Talent Recruitment Associate
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is a Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, N.Y. and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School. We are currently recruiting educators and administrators for our schools, as well as central network personnel to support our mission. We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves success. Applicants must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a critical component of success.
The Talent Recruitment Associate is responsible for ensuring that Excellence Community Schools are staffed by dedicated and highly motivated professionals. Working in partnership with the areas of Teaching, Learning and Human Resources, The Talent Recruitment Associate will implement processes for building and maintaining talent pipelines that will drive Teacher, Operations Staff and Support Personnel recruitment efforts. This position will also recruit strong candidates and guide them through the hiring and selection process.
- Work with team members to meet and exceed ECS teacher hiring goals.
- Collaborate on recruitment program design, policy, and implementation, and act as a strategic thought partner to ensure that resources align with strategic objectives, particularly around recruiting teacher candidates.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and/or evaluate recruitment strategies with community-based organizations.
- Analyze and evaluate which recruitment strategies are most effective to reach recruitment targets.
- Work closely with Director of Human Capital to develop and improve marketing and recruitment strategies to engage community-based organizations and teacher candidates.
- Manage special projects and programs related to teacher recruitment, including subject-specific recruitment for high-need areas like Special Education.
- Maintain effective systems for communications, documentation, and events like job fairs.
- Conduct outreach to relevant community-based organizations.
- Develop and manage information sessions for various partners and teacher candidates; assist with networking events.
- Liaise with internal and external partners, including various ECS departments and community-based organizations, to create systems and structures that will further enhance recruitment efforts, including candidate and teacher experiences.
- Liaise with university partners to maximize the pipeline of teacher candidates.
- Detail oriented with a focus on successfully achieving positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and grow with the organization.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams, in a position of authority and as a collaborator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to navigate through complex and challenging situations.
- Advanced relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize among them.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in recruitment, education or human resources.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft applications.
To be considered, all applicants are asked to please fully complete an Excellence Community Schools application and submit required documents.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.