Accounts Payable Specialist
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a non-exempt role and will compile and maintain accounts payable records, invoices, vendors, process weekly checks, and work on additional projects as assigned. This role will require the incumbent to work a Monday – Friday work schedule from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
• Process invoices for payment in a high-volume environment – Purchase Orders and Non-Purchase Orders, utilizing Sage Intacct accounting system.
• Ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services.
• Three-way matching of invoices.
• Maintain the vendor database in Sage Intacct.
• Maintain all 1099 vendors.
• Process weekly checks.
• Maintain all accounts payable files.
• Prepare analysis of accounts as required.
• Prioritize payments according to payment terms.
• Respond to vendor inquiries and statements.
• Complete monthly vendor reconciliations.
• Work on additional projects as assigned.
• Support the General Ledger team during the month-end close process and audits.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Minimum of 2 -3 years of full cycle Accounts Payable experience required.
• Working knowledge of US GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) and other generally accepted accounting principles required.
• Strong knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software required. (Sage Intacct preferred).
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work with people in an effective and positive manner required.
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy required.
• Organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines as required.
• Non-profit and/or charter school experience preferred.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement benefits available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org or www.bronxexcellence.org.