Music and Foreign Language Teacher (CT) Mandarin/Latin Only
Who We Are
Stamford Charter School for Excellence (SCSE) The mission of the Stamford Charter School for Excellence is to prepare young people from Stamford to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional and ethical development. The school accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, we create a supportive and caring environment that at all times maintains high expectations of our students. All of our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- CT Teacher Certification in a Foreign Language or Music, or with reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area
- Preferred at least 1 year of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- “Highly Qualified”
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Plan and implement lesson plans for teaching concepts, skills, and theory in music and/or a foreign language
- Create and deliver thoughtful, meaningful, and integrated lessons aligned to state standards
- Motivate scholars during activities to help them develop skills and appreciation
- Collaborate with assigned grade-level team to plan and execute reading instruction for one period each day
- Modify existing instructional plans as necessary to accommodate individual student’s special needs
- Administer assessments, collect, and analyze data gathered on each student
- Build relationships with students’ families through regular communication about students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s progress and motivation
- Participate in school-wide student assessments in order to diagnose students’ needs
- Provides coverage for classroom teachers, lunch/recess, and/or dismissal as needed
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
To learn more about our schools, please visitwww.stamfordexcellence.org