Part-time UI/UX Developer
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is a Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
The Part-time UI/UX Developer position will update web content on all Excellence Community Schools websites including planning, design and development (mockups), content upload, maintenance, optimization, scaling, troubleshooting technical problems, and daily administration. We are looking for a creative with strong UI background who is driven by innovation.
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success. The successful candidate will be proactive, forward thinking and have the ability to turn data into information that can be used by network and school leaders to best serve our students.
● Creating customized assets.
● Knowledge of wireframe tools and design software like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
● Collaborate with CS team to ensure seamless execution of website.
● Define the User Experience of the ECS website.
● Identify and troubleshoot UI/UX problems (responsiveness).
● Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites should function.
● Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
● Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images.
● Develop and create UI/UX lessons for ECS students.
● Develop marketing materials/campaigns for ECS marketing team.
● Lead UI/UX workshops.
● Support other tasks as needed.
● A portfolio of design projects.
● Must be ready for a design challenge.
● Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
● Strong background in web design.
● Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
● Should be able to facilitate discussions, follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes, and facilitate communication between key stakeholders.
● Proficient digital media/marketing, project management and organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
● Able to both give and receive constructive criticism in terms of design aesthetics and functionality.
● Experience with Sketchup, Autocad, 3dsmax, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects Preferred.
● Strong demonstration of skill developing user flows, sitemaps, and user journeys.
● BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field.
This position is not benefits eligible.