Regional Director of Operations- Network (NY, CT)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- Masters Degree or higher with concentration in Business, Project Management or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of previous professional experience
- Previous charter school management experience preferred
- Experience with and commitment to improving the quality of urban education, specifically for scholars who have been traditionally underserved
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Identify, sustain, and monitor progress towards the organization's annual operational goals and growth
- Support the network in codifying systems, policies, and practices for smooth replication and compliance
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams on a variety of network initiatives that include supporting replication processes, and building enrollment streams and human capital
- Support the CEO and network leadership in securing and managing real estate options throughout network expansion
- Support for strategic planning for future growth and expansion
- Evaluate current practices, streamline our processes, and codify those which are replicable in order to maximize resources and serve in the best interests of the families we serve
- Manage and monitor our systems for generating enrollment streams, human capital, policies, and real estate
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of data compilation, analysis, and reporting for the campuses and network
- Support the establishment of a blueprint of our systems for sustained success in replication
- Supports data compilation, customized reports, and analysis for school, network, state, and federal reporting
- Ensure data accuracy for audits and reporting
- Manages a team of operational staff
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.bronxexcellence.org and www.stamfordexcellence.org.