Math Instructional Specialist - Elementary - Network (NY)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- NY Teacher Certification (Elementary, Common Branch, Math or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent field)
- Masters Degree in Education, content area, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of successful teaching experience, including 1 year leadership role
- Experience with and commitment to improving the quality of urban education, specifically for scholars who have been traditionally underserved
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Serves as a Math specialist to assist in development and implementation of Math instructional plans that align to curriculum, Common Core, school-wide performance goals, and performance expectations
- Work with Director of Teaching and Learning to monitor student and teacher performance at each elementary school campus analyze and monitor student data, diagnose instructional gaps, identify research-based instructional strategies to accelerate student achievement, and deliver professional development
- Provide job-embedded professional development for teachers through modeling and coaching
- Conduct teacher observations and/or walk-throughs and provide feedback to facilitate teacher growth and reflection
- Foster and monitor effective, purposeful, and meaningful instructional planning and strategies
- Assist with development, monitoring, and implementation of campus and/or teacher strategic and intervention plans
- Demonstrates a relentless pursuit to promote excellence in student achievement and conduct
- Maintains and exemplifies culture of high expectations and accountability for scholarly and professional conduct
- Supports faculty in curriculum development, and promotion of effective classroom instruction and management
- Develop, prepare, and present professional development related to best practices to promote Math proficiency
- Knowledge and experience in Math curriculum, assessment, instructional strategies, differentiation, and use of data
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.bronxexcellence.org and www.stamfordexcellence.org.