Human Resources Associate (NY)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- Bachelors Degree or higher with concentration in HR Management other relevant field
- At least two (2) years of professional experience required
- Experience in human resources with employee benefit programs, compensation, and Excel preferred.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Support the vision and strategic direction for continual improvement of human resources, personnel policies, procedures, and practices.
- Monitor implementation of HR programs and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 403(B), disability, worker’s comp, and life insurance at local campuses.
- Support negotiations with benefit providers and implement open enrollment processes for best-in-class benefits.
- Establish working relationship with vendors and brokers.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams, for example payroll reconciliation for benefit costs and employee file audits.
- Ensure the network’s HR practices and actions are consistent with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support and implement network performance management, including performance appraisal process, developing professional skills, and employee recognition.
- Prepare customized reports.
- Manage and maintain personnel and student records and ensure all files are complete and compliant.
- Provide guidance and coaching for staff in personnel policies.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, Dental, Vision, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.