Marketing and Development Associate - Network (NY, CT)
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School. Our organization supports a growing network of schools to ensure they replicate, expand, and operate effectively.
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, website content and social media management required
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strategic, creative, dedicated, tech savvy professional with a strong attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Prior professional experience preferred
- Prior experience with Raiser's Edge or other development software encouraged, but not required
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Create high-level marketing materials (i.e. e-blasts, one-pagers, brochures, newsletters, flyers, pitch books, presentations, print publications) for various audiences
- Social Media and website management
- Support special initiatives and event coordination, i.e. benefits, donor visits, career fairs, etc.
- Attend and document special events
- Coordinate with vendors, photographers, press, magazines, etc. for projects
- Collect, compile, and manage image library
- Data entry and management – recording donations, donor information, etc.
- Support Director of Development, CEO, and Board with any necessary assigned duties
- This position reports to the Director of Development
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Office suite based in Harlem, convenient to local amenities and public transportation
To learn more about our schools, please visit our websites:
Bronx Excellence: www.bronxexcellence.org
Stamford Excellence: www.stamfordexcellence.org
Excellence Community Schools: www.excellencecommunityschools.org