Spanish Teacher - Elementary - (NY)
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
We are currently seeking a Spanish Teacher.The ideal Spanish Teacher candidate will bring a passion for the mission of Excellence Community School, an understanding and respect for various cultures, and a passion for working in an urban school setting that fosters a love for children.
- Planning, preparing, and delivering lesson plans and instructional materials that foster active learning.
- Ensuring lessons are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with New York State Common Core State Standards.
- Developing and using various assessments (e.g., exams, writings, and public performances) which continuously measure student progress toward the school’s content and skill standards.
- Maintaining an organized classroom environment in an effort to foster a positive learning environment.
- Ensuring that students master grade-level standards.
- Maintaining and communicating high academic and personal expectations for all students.
- Incorporating direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students and keep them focused.
- Working with Educational Associates & various other educational staff to provide an effective classroom environment and address the needs of each individual student.
- Following the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline.
- Developing clear evaluation criteria and distributing them to students prior to any tasks/assignments.
- Communicating effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of Spanish Teacher experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years teaching experience in an urban school setting is preferred.
- New York State Certification in Spanish or another language is required for grades K-8.
- An unwavering dedication and commitment to the mission of Excellence Community Schools required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org or www.bronxexcellence.org.