Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
The mission of the Schools and Innovation department is to provide an array of college and career readiness services on the Excellence Community Schools Pre-K through 16 educational spectrum. These services focus on the development of the whole child, empowering the family and transforming communities.
Excellence Community Schools is presently searching for an Middle School English Language Arts (ELA) Teacher.
- Create academically rigorous lesson plans, materials, and assessments, and differentiate lesson plans as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including scholars, families, and staff.
- Supports the emotional and behavioral development of all students.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Participate in staff professional development on an ongoing basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- New York State Teaching Certification required for grades (K-8) required.
- Two years of teaching experience with a proven record of high student achievement required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work with scholars with a variety of learning abilities, including those with special needs and low skill level in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting required.
- Ability to work individually as well as a part of a team required.
- Analytical problem-solving skills required.
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students required.
- A deep desire to work with educationally underserved student populations and their families required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills required.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges required.
- An ability and desire to manage multiple projects at once required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan benefits available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.