Director of School Operations (CT)
The Director of School Operations reports to both the Chief Operating Officer and the Principal and is responsible for Administration, Facility Management, and Technology. S/he will have the opportunity to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team in pursuit of excellence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as an integral member of a small senior management team, with the purpose of sustaining and determining the organization’s goals and growth.
- All internal and external financial reporting; budget development, implementation and oversight; management of government contracts.
- Overseeing the payments of bills, accounting for expenditures, purchasing and receipt of goods.
- Coordinate all audit and 990 procedures.
- Oversee risk management, legal, and compliance activities related to charter.
- Oversight and implementation of human resource policies, payroll and benefits.
- Supervision of administrative staff ensuring smooth daily procedures and meticulous record keeping.
- Facility management ensuring that the building and equipment is well maintained and repaired and adequately staffed to provide for a safe and clean environment for the students and staff.
- Responsible for securing and supervising all related contracted services for the space and equipment.
- Identify, sustain, and monitor progress towards the organization's annual operational goals and growth.
- Support the network in codifying systems, policies, and practices for smooth replication and compliance.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams on a variety of network initiatives that include supporting replication processes, and building enrollment streams and human capital.
- Support the COO, Principal, and network leadership in securing and managing real estate options throughout network expansion.
- Support for strategic planning for future growth and expansion.
- Evaluate current practices, streamline our processes, and codify those which are replicable to maximize resources and serve in the best interests of the families we serve.
- Manage and monitor our systems for generating enrollment streams, human capital, policies, and real estate.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of data compilation, analysis, and reporting for the campuses and network.
- Support the establishment of a blueprint of our systems for sustained success in replication.
- Supports data compilation, customized reports, and analysis for school, network, state, and federal reporting.
- Ensure data accuracy for audits and reporting.
- Manages a team of operational staff.
The Director of School Operations position requires:
- Three to five years of professional experience, preferably managing the Finance and Administration of a nonprofit organization.
The following experience and attributes are preferred:
- Advanced degree in Business, Management, or Finance.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and facility management.
- Familiarity with relevant nonprofit regulations, insurance and liability issues, compliance, etc.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to develop and implement new processes and systems that increase learning and efficiency.
- Flexible and self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to BCSE’s mission.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision benefits, & 403b available.
- Performance based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit www.excellencecommunityschools.org.